About the artist
Bellette began his artistic endeavours in the Art of Woodcarving & Sculpting under the tutelage of his second-generation Woodcarver/Sculptor/Turner, Master Craftsman and Landscape painter, Grandfather Rollo Haskard. Later, Bellette studied Industrial Design and Commercial Art, and taught tertiary education level woodcarving.
Bellette has a passion for nurturing and developing creative arts in synergy with natural materials and considers part of his role as an Artist is to work with the original beauty of nature, to express its fragility and vulnerability in relation to humanity, as well as create objects of inspiration and beauty. Working in wood, clay, terracotta, plaster and limestone to create classical and abstract works, Bellette's art and sculpture includes; Cedar of Lebanon pendants, busts, figures, wall carvings and various commissioned church, cathedral and ecclesiastical works - his favoured subjects comprise native birds and the morality of classical mythology.
Competitions & Exhibitions
- Brighton Jetty Classic Sculpture competition, 2012- 2019
- St Michaels Art Show; 2015, 2013.
- Gumeracha Medieval Fair, 2002-2019
- SALA Artist in residence, 2013-2016
- Eye Spy Mylor Art Exhibition, 2013.
- Sculpture for Sight, 2009
- Fringe Art events 2016
- Endangered Birds of Australia Exhibition
- The Elbow Room Restaurant, McLaren Vale, South Australia